Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Top gun

It all started when I'd had it with myself, 2 weeks and 3 days ago.

I went to buy jeans. Now, why that was the final straw, I do not know, but as I stood in the dressing room with a pile of discarded jeans around me, my misson became clear.

It was in an email reply I received that our theme was born. The end question?

"Talk to me, Goose."

Thereby I was known as Goose, and my partner as Maverick. We have recently added Iceman to the mix. We are on a top gun mission to detox our bodies and reinvent them with exercise.

So far so good for me. I have managed to lose about 5 lbs in my first 17 days...very satisfying. My first detox week was perfect, and my eating since then has been darn near perfect, with allowing myself to enjoy Thanksgiving without going crazy.

Iceman was here all last week keeping me motivated to ratchet up the exercise. I am currently running about 3 miles a day and then going right into Jillian Michaels "Shred" workout. It is killer. Certain I cannot keep up this pace forever, but I am blitzing right now when I am so determined and ready to make some major changes in my body, which has decided to betray me in my late 30's.

My main focus is currently drinking lots of water, eating whole foods--fruit, nuts, whole grains, lean protein; virtually eliminating all sugar--except for the 3 pieces of the delicious pumpkin roll given to me on Thanksgiving!--, and hardcore eliminating my trigger foods--cheese, chips, cheese, wine.

I am moving into the ovulation portion of my cycle. Always tends to whack me out. I get irritable, fatigued and HUNGRY during my ovulation time. Today, I only ran 2 miles and walked the 3rd because I didn't have Iceman pushing me and I felt tired. But I went right into level 2 Shred and Jillian had me dripping and begging for mercy by the end.

I had a delicious veggie and havarti cheese omelet that my husband surprised me with this morning for breakfast. I had half a ham sandwich on whole wheat with stone ground mustard, and a mcintosh apple for lunch. After I worked out I had a banana and a small handful of almonds. Right now I almost ate some leftover turkey tetrazzini but instead I chewed some gum and then poured a cup of decaf coffee and put some fat free cinnamon vanilla creamer in it to delude myself into thinking I am having a coffee drink treat.

My quads hurt.

I am sweaty and gross and hate having to wash my hair every day!

How is my team doing today?

--Goose--

1 comment: