Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Silver Lining to the Ice Cloud

Well, I don't know how long its supposed to take to recover from an illness. But this one has taken far too long. Finally today I am feeling somewhat normal. Though I wouldn't go so far as to call it "energetic".

But there have been some silver linings to this sickness. I belong to Weight Watchers and last night was my weigh-in/ meeting night. I didn't stay for the meeting because, frankly, talking about food for a 1/2 hour sounds disgusting to me at this point. But the scale was very kind to me and I squeaked under the goal Mike and I had set for me. I was to lose 5 lbs by this weigh-in in order for me to continue with Weight Watchers. And I did. :)

This sickness has done kind of like a reset in my brain when it comes to food. The cravings and obsessions have all died down currently and I'm able to make some good choices without a lot of struggle. I know part of that is because I'm still recovering and haven't gotten my appetite back yet.

My goal right now is to be vigilant in what I'm eating, RIGHT NOW. Sickness has been for me, in the past, almost an all-you-can-eat ticket for a couple of days. Which would always, of course, stretch into more than just a couple of days. I started tracking already again, yesterday, even though I was still not eating much. Just to not let myself lapse into apathy about what I'm putting in my mouth.

So that's what going on. Working out has not been a big priority yet. That will come, though. My workout bug bit a long time ago and it one of the few habits that I have that I feel I can rely on when my body is ready for some focused physical exertion. Besides I'm scouring, cleaning, and in general, de-germing my home today. If that's not a workout, I don't know what is.

Back to scrubbing those bathrooms...

Iceman out---

2 comments:

  1. yay, glad energy is coming back, and YAY 5 lbs!! keep that momentum going, you have the right mindset, and i know you will get back on track with the exercise.

    i felt great today on my run...3 miles went easy, don't know what the difference is from day to day, may have to blog about it. Actually liking level 3 shred on day 2 of it...for me, level 2 is the worst level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your weigh in! That is GREAT news. Let me know when you find a new home for your weigh ins so that I can join you again!

    ReplyDelete