Friday, December 4, 2009

Loosey Goosey

Workout is done for the day.

I am feeling Iceman's pain...I too am feeling sluggish and unmotivated even though I am still doing what I am supposed to be doing and have zero confessions to make as of yesterday and this morning. :)

It was cold here this morning for the South. It was 42 degrees when I finally got my gear on. I went a little overboard with my double layer long sleeved t-shirts and heavy zip up fleece, gloves, scarf and hat...had to peel off the fleece about midway.

I walked one and ran 2.

Got home and did the Shred that I so did not want to do. What kept me going was that we have a christmas dinner with my bible study and spouses tonight and I want to be able to enjoy the food and a glass of wine. I had to self talk through the workout "Its only 20 minutes, its only 20 minutes" and then suddenly it was done and I was like "you did it, you did it".

I've eaten my uncle sams with a banana, and had a handful of almonds and an apple after the workout. Have drank 2-3 big glasses of H2O today.

I woke this morning with my vertigo symptoms. I got it a couple years ago and it was so bad I couldn't raise myself out of bed. I thought sure I was dying of a brain tumor and a trip to the ER revealed that I would survive but had vertigo. Luckily I still have some medication left from another brief bout last fall and so took a pill this morning and moving on with my life. Dehydration seems to be the trigger for it, so I will be extra cautious of my water intake today.

I agree with Iceman on the betrayal of the scale. After shedding 5 lbs the first two weeks, and not supposed to weigh until tomorrow, I tested myself, seeing as how my jeans fit me yesterday. It does not appear that my scale is agreeing with my jeans. Don't quite get that. But I persevere because obviously changes are happening if the jeans fit now...tightening in the right places at least, the scale will get on board eventually.

Goose Out for now.

1 comment:

  1. Skip the scale. Use a tape measure to measure various body parts. When I was trying to get into that dress for Mike and Julia's wedding I didn't loose any weight but my thighs literally were 2 inches smaller after doing the kickboxing video for several weeks. And that is all I wanted, smaller butt and thighs. I don't care what the scale says if I get that.

    ReplyDelete