Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

Thankfully, yesterday I did better than I have in a long time, and today is starting off smashingly as well. My craving for sugar is a screeching banchee in my brain, but my resolve is firm. Hopefully the addiction will crack before my resolve does.

My shining glory yesterday was that we took my baby boy to Famous Daves for his 1st birthday dinner. (You know, 'cause that's what all 1 year old boys want to do.) I was dreading it because what kind of healthy food is there!?!?! But when I looked at the menu they had this salad with meat on it. Way too large and way to many "extra's" that are not part of eating healthy. But I realized I could get a side, garden salad and just cut up some meat and put it on there! So I got the salad, cut up some chicken from the platter that the rest of the family shared. And voila! Actually a VERY healthy meal! I didn't even need the dressing because there was flavor from the chicken.

So I walked out of Famous Daves (of all places) feeling comfortable, but not overly full and no sugar anywhere. When we got home I had a banana and life was good.

But, as journey's like this go. A new day brings new struggles. I'm feeling pretty tired this morning and just didn't have it in me to make my usual healthy breakfasts for the kids. So cereal it was. Though I can not eat cereal. One taste and I'll be eating it all day.

So I ate a banana (can you tell we have banana's in the house right now? Not for long...) and then made myself an egg sandwich. I'm feeling quite proud of myself. :)

All right, on to the rest of my day.

Iceman out.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Proud of you!

    You will feel like crap for a few days as you detox sugar, just keep that in mind...you should be feeling great by Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous Dave's for a first birthday? Shouldn't it be chuck E cheese? Either way, great job. I always have a tummy ache after that place. My taste buds are happy but nothing else is.

    ReplyDelete