Friday, December 11, 2009

I Love Tortillas!

(I wrote this post last spring, but I think I still really like this post and wanted to share!)

--Iceman--

What a person can do with a package of Tortilla's is amazing. I know they've been around for almost all of history, and no wonder why! Here are the many different things that I do with a Tortilla. I buy the "La Tortilla Factory" Tortilla's. They are 1 pt. Which is amazing in and of itself. But they are BIG and 1 pt. Which makes them, almost, the perfect food.

Hummus Tortilla Wrap:
I have this for lunch a lot. Most of the time I just do lettuce and cucumber.






1 La Tortilla Factory Tortilla
2 T Hummus
1 T Sunflower Seeds
2T Fat Free Feta Cheese
1T Light Ceasar Dressing
Lots of Vegetables (Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Onion, Red Pepper Strips... just about anything you have around)


Calories:
232
Fat: 14g
Fiber: 12g
Points: 5 pts

Free Pizza Friday Hawaiian Pizza:
(In my family we have Free Pizza Friday every so often. Which has been the death of my week more times than I would like to admit. BUT now I make this at home and then bring it with me to whomever's house it's at. The genius of bringing my own personal pizza is portion control)

1 La Tortilla Factory Tortilla
1/4 C Pizza Sauce
1/4 C Reduced Fat Colby Jack Cheese
2 oz Ham diced
2 T Crushed Pineapple

Calories: 271
Fat: 13g
Fiber: 13g
Points: 2 pts for 1/2 pizza. 6 pts for whole pizza

Here are some other ideas:

Taco Salad Wrap, Toasted Tortilla Crisps, Breakfast Burrito, Bean & Cheese Burrito, Cinnamon Curls, Ceasar Chicken Wrap...


What do YOU like to make with a Tortilla?

No comments:

Post a Comment