Friday, December 18, 2009

Still In Flight.

Goose here. Thought I'd better check in to let you all know I am still well in flight even though quiet around here during the busyness of the holiday season!

I rang in another year 2 days ago. I am now 37 and so far so good. Had I not started my flight training one month ago, I think it would have been a much more depressing birthday. But I can see that old version of myself slowly starting to emerge as the layers peel back like an onion. I actually thought my shoulders looked a little "ripped" the other day! I love Jillian! hahaha.

I am trying to learn how to be more consistent than strictly regimented. So I have taken a day off here and there from the shred, and even took 2 days off in a row of exercising last week.

My husband and I got away for a weekend and, although I ran both days, I indulged in all the yummy food we brought up to celebrate...king crab legs, roasted veggies and potatoes, chicken tortilla soup, dark chocolate, wine, popcorn. I need to know that I can have a celebratory weekend without thinking that I've ruined the whole program. So I didn't go overboard, but I did enjoy.

After a 2 week wall of no weight loss, but definite inches, I checked again and finally broke through the wall with another 3 lbs. So 8 lbs total in a month, I think that is very good and healthy. My goal was 10 lbs by Christmas and I think I can still make that.

The biggest amazing difference is what the Shred video has done for my body. The running is great but I was realizing yesterday that I would not have had the same results yet if all I had been doing was running. Strength training is really key to go along with the cardio stuff. I am now a believer! I used to think I could just do cardio. But Jillian makes it so doable with an intense 20 min workout every day. I always tell myself, its only 20 min, you can do this!

So tomorrow my crew and I take flight (actually take pavement) to south Florida for the week. I will be running every day. Don't think I can bring the Shred as I have no desire to shred in front of my inlaws. :) So I think I am ready to add another mile and do 4 miles, and I think I will bring my little weights and just do the exercises Jillian makes me do, on my own.

Keep flying, my partners! We are already ahead of the game for the new year!

__Goose Out__

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. Yes I agree about the weight stuff. I have always wanted to add it but never knew how. I feel like a new woman having discovered this body pump class. I can't wait to see how it changes my body this next year. I am dreaming of some toned arms and back plus maybe I will finally loose that little bit of muffin top I have had since Jake's birth.

    ReplyDelete