Friday, December 4, 2009

IT WAS HORRIBLE! I think I will do it again Monday.


Today I went back to the Y with my neighbor for "Body Pump". She talks about it all the time so I was looking forward to trying it out.

I arrive late and we sneak in just as they are already "warming up", doing a few squats with a weight bar in their shoulders. We proceed to go from squats to chest presses to triceps to biceps to shoulders to lunges, because the squats weren't evil enough, to back to abs. After an hour of pain they let you go. Of course I could hardly walk afterward.

I had told Goose I would weigh myself while there today since I don't have a home scale and therefore no idea where I am. I figure as long as my clothes are comfy I am fine. I will simply say I am in the zone I seem to always be in and that is just fine. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to weigh 5-10 less but I would just have to buy all new pants so why get too excited. My goal here is primarily health and not weight loss and I definitely feel like I made some improvements to my health today.

On the way home from the Y I was talking with John and had to get off the phone with him because I literally could not hold the phone up on my ear any longer. It is only a 3 mile drive! I probably should not go downstairs again today since I have almost fallen when my leg muscles failed me. I am afraid to think of how I will feel in the morning.

I would like to do a walk/run tomorrow and am mentally trying to prepare to do so in the frozen tundra. I have done it before, have the correct clothing and don't plan to do more than 2 miles. I even think I can convince my winter run loving hubby to join me. It should be good.

In keeping with my desire for health and not weight loss I will confess to some very yummy, extra crispy french fries last night on date night. My goal is to be able to live my life. I realize that french fries don't really fall under the healthy category any more than the weight loss category but I am just saying that if overall I am healthy then a few fries once a week won't throw me off too much. John and I go out every Thursday night and split a snack of some sort. Often it is the brownie Sundae which is quite yummy but when I am off sugar we do the french fries. Truth is I am more of a salt than sugar girl so it is satisfying to me. I knew I had worked out yesterday and knew I was going to go again today and so I didn't feel guilty about it. So there.

With all this extra energy and clarity in my brain from getting back in the exercise kick I realized this week how lazy I have gotten and unfocused with my time. After picking up the house I tend to wander. Today with a noon workout I might have been tempted to bum around all morning and not start my day until mid afternoon when I had finished the work out, eaten and showered. But instead I picked a task I wanted to work on, wrapping gifts, and got started. I feel great to be almost done wrapping all the gifts I already have and armed with a list of wrapping supplies I need to complete the rest.

This is why we get healthy. Not just to look good but to be able to engage in our lives, get things done, be productive people. I don't want to spend my life on the couch. I want to live it!

Maverick Out

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, i love it! can't wait to hear how your body feels over the next two days after that workout!

    i agree, once a week fries isn't going to kill you...i heard if 80% of the time you are being healthy, you can play around with the other 20%.

    ReplyDelete