Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a title for maverick

Goose here.

Back from our Florida Christmas vacation. The weather was not HOT and SUNNY, but it was pleasant enough. Since I could not languish at the pool all day like I wanted to do, I ended up being a walking and running machine, getting out a couple times a day. I ran the sidewalks, I ran the beach, I power walked the beach, I did sit-ups and push-ups. AND I hit my goal of 10 lbs lost by Christmas! :) yay me.

I am moving into that crappy week in my cycle when I want to eat everything in sight, so our drive home on Sunday I did not do too well eating. We ended the drive picking up Zaxby's chicken tenders and fries, which I heartily devoured. I also did not do too well on Christmas Eve when my MIL put out a buffet of nibbles which included specialty cheeses...my weakness. And then my husband made pure lump crabcakes. I gave in to temptation and ate much more than my fair share of cheese and crabcakes.

So Monday morning, despite the 35 degrees and wind, I doned my fleeces, scarf and gloves and headed out for my 3 mile run, and then did the Shred. After not doing the Shred for a week while in Florida, I felt I had definitely lost my mojo, my groove. I need to get back into it.

I am thinking that after New Years Day I should do another detox week blitz...anyone in? Hard core like the first two weeks when I began this journey. Only just for a week. I have 6 more pounds i'd like to lose. I'd take 10, but will definitely settle for 6. I am realizing now that I have been at this for almost 2 months, that my cycle really drives how successful I am on any given day or week. I may have to start a simple journal so I can better track my mood and energy during the month.

I have started to incorporate much more "normal" living habits, which is good, because that will be crucial to being able to maintain, but I am still in active lose mode so don't want to become too complacent just yet, which is hard when I am feeling so good and 10 lbs is significant and everything is fitting and looking good. I have caffeine a bit more regularly, and I have been having a bit of a sweet tooth in this week of my cycle so having more sugar than normal, which isn't normally my issue. I just need to keep the mindset that I've had the last couple months. New Years is a good time to regroup and keep steady the course.

Today is freezing here...29. I hope it warms up so I can get out for a run, I really prefer 40, but discovered yesterday that I can survive a 35 degree run.

So...how is my team?

__goose out__

1 comment: