Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goose in Gear

Okay, after my pity party earlier today, God gave me 50 degrees and sunshine by the time the girls got out of school, so I headed out for a run as soon as they got home to watch the little ones.

I have been feeling so sluggish this week with my period. Hadn't exercised in two days. I started running and thought, no way I can't do this! Why does the first mile hate me so much? I puffed through and felt my stride by the 2nd mile.

I haven't pushed past the 45 min run yet, but have had a secret goal to run for an hour..about 6 miles for me. I decided I would see how I felt towards the end of my 4 mile run. Well, I felt good, like I always do lately, so I kept going. I ran for a whole hour just to prove to myself I could!! My cardio system still felt great at the hour mark, but my knees were feeling a little stiff and crampy.

I realized that I have to emotionally accept the fact that I have been working out non-stop for four months now and I AM IN DARN GOOD SHAPE! I have to get over myself. I felt so discouraged this past week with my poor eating habits and then not exercising for two days. I have this mental mindset that I am lazy and unfit. But its not true! I am actually really, really fit and strong and healthy...why is it so hard to reprogram our minds when we have reprogramed our bodies?

I re-read some of my first posts on here to try to recapture some of that enthusiastic machine that I was in December. Its like I have this horrible fear that if I sit around and eat terribly for a few days that all my work these last four months will just disappear. I'm trying to find the right balance of fitting exercise into my life, rather than having it consume it...eating healthy but enjoying food and not freakishly fixating on it or thinking I have ruined everything if I eat chips, too much cheese, or peanut m&m's.

I am not a moderate kind of gal, have you ever noticed this about me? I know, you learn something new every day. haha

Going out of town this weekend with the family. The hotel should have a treadmill that I plan to use. As long as I am getting my exercise in I will feel okay about all the eating out we will have to do.

Goose out.

1 comment:

  1. Such a life truth. We need to change our thinking along with our actions. You now begin to see yourself not as the lazy bum who had weight to loose in December but as the fit woman who makes it happen with her eating and workout every day. Through that perspective the way you see yourself and your life will be different. Great self pep talk. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete