Friday, February 5, 2010

More meals of Maverick's

Well Goose is one step ahead of me because I have only photographed my food for two days and I am done already.  I may do a little photographing today but I make no promises for a detailed account of my friday food.

Today however I present to you my Thursday in food pictures...

I was in a rush to get to spin class after my blog post yesterday and so I made toast with butter and honey, grabbed a bottle of water and headed out the door.
When I got home from my hour long base ride in zone 2 I was very sweaty and hungry.  Decided the hunger out weighed my stench and made myself a salad.

Isabelle ate an entire package of mac and cheese.  I think it was because she doesn't like it when I save half and reheat it the next day so she was trying to eat it all in an effort to have a fresh bowl today.  It did work but I already threw half of todays box in the fridge before she could take it.
I also did kept my promise and filled my pitcher with water which I drank all of before dinner.

It was freshly filled here and looks a little cloudy.  I think we need to change our filters...

Then as I was busy working on a photo project for our basement Jake arrives home with 5 friends.  Very exciting as I often tell him to bring his friends over but unfortunately I was feeling like our cupboards were bare.  I told him to make popcorn and had a little myself.

Then Goose, upon reading of my predicament sent me an email telling me I should stock up on pizza rolls.  Suddenly I remember that I had done just that and had a huge bag of pizza rolls in a drawer in the freezer.  I asked them if they were still hungry enough for pizza rolls and one of his friends said, "we're teenagers.  we're always hungry."  So I made a bowl of pizza rolls for the as well.

I ate those two that fell out of the bowl.  And I always like a cup or so of tea in the afternoon.

herbal black cherry. 
It was tasty, I just wish I had been able to sit down and enjoy it but I ended up running one of his friends back to the school right after I made this pot. (I had said I would when they arrived, she could only stay a short amount of time.  I am nice like that.)

While I was vacuuming upstairs somehow they got ahold of my camera and I found several pictures like this:

Theater kids...

So then Thursday is date night and I had signed John and I up for a camera class that I thought started at 6pm.  I started dinner a little after 5.  Chicken which I had planned to serve with a little sauce and green beans.

(note it is not swimming in oil that is the water it let out because they were frozen when I put them in the pan.)

However I suddenly realized it was 5:45 and I did not have time to finish this meal.  John was still not home from a fire call he had gone to around 2pm (the guy stuck in the grain silo in Farmington.) and so I made this for my dinner:

And rushed off to the class in the snowy weather.  I sat alone in the classroom chatting with the teacher for quite a while wondering if anyone else would show up before I he made some comment that led me to realize the class actually started at 6:30.  Oh well, it happens.

After the class I went home to pick up my hubby for the rest of date night.  We headed over to our favorite hang out, Perkins, and had our usual:  Coffee for him, decalf tea for me and we split a double order of fries.  (Sometimes we split something with ice cream but fries have been our go to lately.)

I tried out some tricks for better lighting on my poor hubby.  Here is the auto setting. Ok but a little orange.

And with the adjusted white balance.  (I knew you wanted to see what I learned.)

But really you are reading to see this.  Our tea and coffee and waters.

And this, the empty plates of extra crispy fries.  Yum.

That was Maverick's Menu for Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. I forgot to report that I had one m&m cookie at the camera class plus another cup of tea and a cup of hot chocolate. (they have one of those cool machines where you put the little cup of whatever in and push a button and it makes it for you in about 30 seconds. Very fun)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mel! You always make the yummiest salads. Maybe it's because you've had so much practice. But I *heart* your salads.

    But no come on you two! It's only a week! One measly week of taking photo's, you can do it! No need to be crabby. :)

    I'm saying that without my post being up about my Thursday food. I did well, I am just EXTREMELY busy and sitting down to just write this comment is sending my children and schedule into chaos. I hope I have time, at some point....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy salad. and how is that random guy pic from that afternoon? the background isn't even your house! hahahaha. so glad you found pizza rolls to feed the teenagers.

    so, iceman, i am gonna hang in there thru Sunday, but today proves why I said sometimes I eat so random. Today is one of those days. Its not pretty, but I am gonna post it anyway. No telling how I might eat on the weekend either. hahaha...but you BETTER get your posts up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too our house and that is Jake's friend Patrick. Did you read the post or just look at the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you get some new oak entertainment cabinetry that i don't know about? never seen those cabinets in the background of the friend.

    ReplyDelete