Friday, February 5, 2010

Goose Gluttony Friday

They said there'd be days like this...

Ugh. Today was HORRID. This is what I was talking about, Iceman, when I told you some of my food days can be so random. I can't believe I have to confess it in pictures to you!

The day started out pleasantly. Coffee of course.


My accidental trainer and partner in crime, H, was still recovering from her sickness and it was cold and rainy today, so I decided to have today be my exercise day off. Actually put on makeup and clothing other than workout gear for the first time all week.

I ate a quick banana...


Then The Goo and I headed to a morning playdate over at a friend and her daughter's that we hadn't seen in awhile. We had a great time visiting, and while there I was treated to my favorite XL black hazelnut decaf coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and some almonds. (a big shout-out "HI!!" to our potential new readers, my friend "K", and her sis in IL)


Later for lunch I had half a turkey and muenster cheese sandwich with stone ground mustard on whole wheat and cantalope with water.


So far, so good right?

Well, from this point on it all. goes. wrong. I just had a funky afternoon and it just all derails when I feel in a funk!

So. deep breath, here goes. I went for the chips. You know those Cape Cod Kettle potato chips left out on the counter the other day that I resisted? Yea, those. I ate them. And thats not all. I added the dark chocolate coconut granola bar and a Dove dark chocolate heart for some unknown reason that I can't explain.


Then later, for dinner, okay, seriously, I had this:


Shut Up. I know, right? I mean really. It wasn't even real queso! It was FAKE cheese. Velveeta. (shudder) and salsa. Tostido chips. One glass of wine. Oh, and for good measure, after I had thoroughly disgusted myself with the fake cheese dip and chips, I finished off the remnants of the popcorn bowl that the girls had eaten.

*SMACK* *SMACK*

Now I have a headache, my stomach feels yuck, I'm tired and my house is a mess. I am so lame that I fed my 3rd grader and her sleeping over friend each a microwaved lean pocket for dinner, and my 5th grader and her sleepover friend made themselves hotdogs. I'm not even sure what the younger two had...lollipops? I don't even know what to say for myself other than it was just a day, right? One day. Tomorrow is a new day and I will pull myself back together. I will hopefully run if its not raining and get my act together and eat normal, healthy foods.

For now I will finish off the day with a big glass of water and go to bed hoping the things that caused me a lot of stress and put me in a funk today will start getting fixed tomorrow, and just forget about today.

They said there'd be days like this....whoever "they" are.

Goooooose-Out

2 comments:

  1. see it is refreshing to know others have days like that. Not that I have ever had chips and salsa for dinner *cough cough* but others probably like to know that. :) Anyway, just a day, keep it up. It is 8am on Saturday and I am already in my running clothes. I think I will hit the gym before anyone else gets up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is refreshing to see how normal it is for even the skinny people to fall off the wagon. Truthfully, your body probably needed those calories. Both of you are really skimpy some days. Of course getting those calories by eating fake cheese... :)

    I am itching to put up a post myself, but I have a house full of company, a birthday party to prepare for, and a raging headcold. I don't care about healthy eating when I have a head cold....

    ReplyDelete