Saturday, February 6, 2010

Maverick's Meals, the final edition

OK this is it.  My final day of food presentation.

Friday morning I woke up with my period and no tampons in the entire house.  I also had no butter and no money.  Coupled with the fact that I wanted to get to my 9:45 body pump class I was feeling stressed.  I almost decided not to do body pump but instead decided it was the most important thing.  I found a pad that had come free with some box of tampons once-upon-a-time and headed to the Y with the necessary deposit that would allow me to go to the grocery store after my workout.  I did skip the 40 minutes on the eliptical I usually do afterward but I felt great to have gotten in my weight lifting.  In the mean time I was so rushed from my stressful morning that I only had one slice of toast with honey, no butter, for breakfast.

Once I got home from the grocery store with a few essentials I whipped up a yummy salad with the chicken I had cooked on Thursday night plus my favorite nut mix from trader joes, goat cheese and red onion.  Add my personal dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinager and dijon mustard and you have my version of bliss.


I was feeling snacky a few hours later so I decided to have a yogert:

I experimented with the white balance again on my camera to take the picture.  Which do you like better?  As the class instructor said, "photography is an art".  There is no right or wrong answer.
Isabelle was getting under foot a little too much so I decided to take advantage of the warmer weather and bundled her up and kicked her out of the house.  I actually expected her back inside within moments but she spent about 20 minutes out there just enjoying the fresh air.
Even when she looked over her shoulder and saw this:
She continued swinging and telling him that "mommy let me come outside".  Oh I so miss summer.  Parenting is much easier when they can go outside.

For dinner we made up more chicken, added some broccoli slaw and cooked up a little peanut sauce (peanut butter, sugar, oil, water, soy sauce).  Put it in a tortilla and you have thai chicken wraps.  A big hit at our house.  We only had enough tortillas for one each but I did scrape the left overs onto a plate and finish them off.
That evening my wonderful hubby made a bowl of pocorn and a pot of tea
I enjoyed them both but must confess that before that my son had been trolling for food and when he went for the frozen cookie dough I had him bring me a ball as well.

I did also manage to drink another pitcher of water.
It is making my body happy.

So that is a 3 day sample of my diet.  I think that is enough to get a feel.  I think that Iceman, who proposed this challenge, should now write a post on accountability and what happens when no one is looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment