Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What did Goose Gobble on Tuesday?

Inspired by Iceman's challenge, I photographed every morsel I ate today, and also photographed my workout...I tend to be an overachiever, I know you didn't know this about me.

As I suspected, the accountability this provided me was very beneficial, especially when you see what my family left out on the counter to taunt me with. Had I not had to show you what I ate today I probably would have given in to temptation. So, already, Iceman, this challenge to photograph our food and share it is working for me! :)

We just finished dinner here, and now, in an effort to not eat anything else for the remainder of the evening, I am going to get this blog post up, brush my teeth and stay out of the kitchen. I have a late night ahead of me with Biggest Loser on! :)

So lets get to it...
Goose's Gobbles for Tuesday, Feb. 2 (shout out to dad--hey dad! happy birthday!)

My day kicks off immediately with a cup of coffee, or two, or three. After being fully decaf for a number of years, I have let caffeine slip in more the last couple months. I have gone cold turkey again back on to full decaf the last couple days, and I currently have the headache to prove it. I should be fine in another couple days. I like to drink ridiculous amounts of coffee, and I just can't do that if its caffeinated--I get SO wired--so copious amounts of decaf it is! I could drink it all day, I heart coffee so much...



Next Stop: Workout at my friend H's. Today was a bike day...road for 45 min/12 miles. The pic is fuzzy because a 4 year old took it, but I am thinking that is a good thing, because then you can't clearly see my just rolled out of bed appearance:


After the biking we always do the Shred...actually I always do the shred after running or swimming too, it is my magic bullet. I figured you'd prefer to see Jillian over me shredding, so here she is:



Grabbed a cup of coffee from H to drink on my way home (yes I did drink 3 bottles of water during the workouts)...this time I added some coconut milk creamer she had, as a little treat:



Time for some breakfast. Ignore the fact that it is 12:30 by now. I know I should eat first thing in the morning. I often do. It just didn't happen this morning. It did screw me a bit, because I was much hungrier later in the afternoon than I thought I would be. I will do better tomorrow. Today I had a bowl of total with skim milk and added a little pumpkin and sunflower seed granola for a little more flavor since I was out of bananas, which I usually cut on top of the cereal:



Lunch was around 3pm and it was quite tasty. A bed of brown rice with a chipotle black bean burger patty on top, a diced plum tomato, salsa, and a squirt of fresh lime. Yum.


I have to admit, by 4-4:30 I was having that "foodie" breakdown. I stroll through the kitchen and this is what I see my precious family has left out on the counter to torture me:


BUT I DID NOT EAT IT!! NOT ONE BITE!! I knew if I had even one bite it would all be over for me. And, this is where this blog challenge really came in handy. I knew I'd have to photograph and tell you about it. If not for having to photograph what I ate today I am pretty sure I would have succumbed to the temptation. So I decided to photograph it to tell you about how I survived the temptation of a huge weakness of mine...an open bag of potato chips!!

But I needed something....so I made this:


And, YES, I ate the whole bowl. All by myself.

And after I was done, I wanted to eat something else. But I didn't. I didn't want to have to photograph it and have to tell you about it.

But I figured I'd start making dinner at 6pm. Here's what we had. Note the luncheon plate I used to trick myself into having a big, full plate:



not pictured: one knife-ful of organic peanut butter that I just had to lick off while I made dinner.

Also note that I had water with every meal. It is another magic bullet. It is really the only thing I drink besides coffee and an occasional glass of milk. I have drank a lot of water today.

My final morsel today...a little dark chocolate Dove heart...because, you know, its good for the heart. Yum. And, yes, I only had one.


So I am done for the day, except my ever present glass of water. Looking forward to seeing what Iceman Imbibed in and Maverick Munched on today!

Goose-Out

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Fit and trim. Nice menu assortment. I keep meaning to try this black bean burger salad you have mentioned. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete