Monday, February 1, 2010

A Challenge, Girls!

All right Goose and Maverick. It's Monday morning, the week is sparkling brand new and we can revel in the newness that His mercies are new every morning. So with that I have a challenge:


For one week all three of us take a picture of the meals that we are eating. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. If you have time you can add the recipe's, but don't worry about that as much as getting the pictures up.

My reason for this is two-fold. 1. Ideas, it's always so interesting to see what people eat and can inspire our own palette! 2. Accountability, the major theme in all of our posts seem to be the struggle that we have with food. So with this challenge, maybe we'll second guess another piece of pizza.

All right! Start snappin'. Breakfast today is probably over for all of you today, ( I had steel cut oats that are pictured above) but lunch is do-able. I thought each of us could do one post at the end of each day with our food choices for the day.

One week, can we do it?

3 comments:

  1. whoa girl! i eat so randomly i will "out" myself!

    but i like the idea! I will try...can i start tomorrow since i am just reading this and already eaten breakfast and lunch?

    i think we should include snacks too.

    that sure was a purdy breakfast there, girl!

    I ran 45 min straight today!! and then did level 3 shred! :)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 45 min straight Wow! I'm impressed with all the shred your doing. I just remember doing the measly level 1 with you at Thanksgiving and feeling like I had just been ran over by a mac truck. You must be SO strong now!

    Didn't you like my breakfast photo. I was quite proud of that picture. :) And I didn't photoshop it or anything!

    And I can go along with snacks. Though I haven't taken pictures of those today, I will tomorrow.

    If you are eating so randomly this will get you to eat more regularly and not have such dips in your energy and hunger. That's what this is for, to help us eat better! :)

    Mel! Are you in?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maverick is sick. Maybe tomorrow I will rally. Today I am not going to work out I am just going to be a bum. I will tell you that yesterday I ate oatmeal for breakfast with a little maple syrup, a big salad and about 1/2 cup of a bertoli pasta meal Jake made for lunch and had Jamalya for dinner which I had made at let's dish. I got sick in the afternoon and after a short nap was hungry and found myself buttering saltine crackers like mom used to do. I know it sounds gross but it is comfort food to me. I only had about 5 of them. And John popped some popcorn in the evening as well, I had 2 small but overflowing bowls.

    This morning if I can rally the energy to stand in the kitchen long enough I am going to make a smoothie for breakfast. Probably another salad for lunch and beef bourgenion that I also made at let's dish for dinner. I have some cantelope and honeydew in the fridge that is probably ripe enough to snack on through the day. I normally shop today so it is down to slim pickins. Can't get into much trouble, all the junk has been eaten already.

    ReplyDelete