Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Goose's Grub on Wednesday

I am digging the blogging right after dinner plan as a way of keeping me from eating anything else the rest of the evening. It worked last night. So I am doing it again tonight. I find that brushing the teeth early in the evening helps, too.

I kicked off the day with, of course, my coffee...hello, coffee. i heart you. For those interested, my favorite is Millstone Hazelnut Decaf. Black. Straight Up. No fluff. I save the fluff for the afternoon if I want to trick myself into thinking I am having a coffee drink.


The girls had late start at school today so after I got them off to school, I had my breakfast about 9:30am...repeat of yesterday-total cereal w/ skim milk and a little granola thrown in for flavor. I am a creature of habit. I could eat the same exact thing for breakfast, lunch and snack every. single. day. and be happy as a clam with my only variety being dinner. goose trivia.



After remembering to bring the 4th child to her art class at 10am, I laced up my new running shoes and headed out and accomplished a 45 minute straight power run in my neighborhood to take advantage of the upper 40's and sunny temps before it rains for the next two straight days...


After the run, as is my usual, I started the shred and quickly realized that, while the shred seems like a good idea after a 30 minute run, it is not such a good idea after a 45 min run. Although I survived it, I did so just barely. Note to self: no shred after 45 min runs.

I had lunch around 12:30 and combined these ingredients...


Into this...


Yum.

Free Tip: put Greek yogurt and Agave Nectar on your next shopping list.

Somewhere around 3:30 I was feeling workout fatigue setting into my body and needing a snack, but fortunately not feeling all foodie like I was yesterday at this time. Thank goodness for small miracles. So I had my favorite go-to snack - an apple, a handful of almonds, and a glass of water-very filling, very satisfying...and what the heck, I threw in some string cheese, too...


Later in the day, I was feeling like I might want to open a bottle of wine. I am trying to avoid alcohol right now except for social situations, since it is an empty calorie distraction and even just one glass loosens the mental control and makes eating a bag of chips or a block of cheese seem like a good idea. So to avoid making this mistake I brewed another couple cups of coffee in the late afternoon and added a little fluff to make it "special"...fat free french vanilla liquid coffee creamer:


While making dinner I had one of these little secret magic bullets. Individually wrapped prunes. I know, gross, right? But seriously, try it! I did and they are quite tasty and a good choice if you are craving something candy sweet, but feel you can resist the temptation to grab another one of those Bliss or Dove chocolate hearts (coughIcemancough). And lets not forget the added benefits of prunes ifyouknowwhatimean. wink-wink


Dinner was a group effort. Sarah and Daddy cooked the Tilapia while I cooked the brown rice and asparagus--a family favorite meal that we have once a week. Frugal tip: Tilapia is CHEAP! I "blinged" mine up with a squirt of lime and chopped tomato to go with the delicious, salty caper topping. We ate about 7:15pm.


And chef Sarah did not want to be left out of photographing of her food, which she is finding quite humerous and intriguing, so I indulged her...


Now. I cannot tell a lie. Husband usually saute's or bakes the Tilapia in a very healthy way, but for some reason, unbeknownst to me, he decided to fry the Tilapia in vegetable oil tonight. I have used nothing but olive oil for a couple years now, so my system is not reacting very nicely to this vegetable oil fried fish and my stomach is being a little funky right now. I was going to finish off the night with my dark chocolate Dove heart, but actually don't think I can manage it with this gross saturated fat in my system messing with me. The body knows, people! The body knows!

In other news, I drank a lot of water again today. You should, too.



So that is Goose's Grub for Wednesday, Feb. 3rd.

Gooooooose-Out.

1 comment:

  1. All right! I'm commenting! Truthfully I always mean to. I always have a comment even composed in my brain. And it just never.gets.to.my.fingertips (I liked how you did that in your post:) )

    I loved your little comment about the Bliss chocolates from yesterday. Your gonna cry at the unfortunate imbibing I did today. But rather than resist smoothing over that detail of my eating. I was starkly honest. Girl this is why I weigh more than you! :)

    Anyway, loved the new running shoes. You are putting my running to shame with how fast you are advancing. Though, remember, the last time you advanced so quickly... You have 124 days until your Triathlon. Pace yourself. :)

    I also enjoyed the workout pic from yesterday. You are looking like a lean, trim triathlon machine!

    Good job, I'm so excited were doing this.

    Once this challenge is over we need to think of another good one. Maybe do some kind of challenge like this once a month. Hmmm... I'm not the creative one. Mel might have a good idea.

    ReplyDelete