Saturday, January 30, 2010

Swimmingly

Today was a great day. I did a little house cleaning this morning (all three bathrooms are now so clean you can eat off their floors. well until the #1 son goes #1 then all bets are off...) Then we all put on our swimsuits and headed to the local health club. While I got my workout in for the day (yes, I did an afternoon workout, um, hate them!) my husband and the kids swam and swam and swam. We ran into a some friends there and so we swam more. I even put my suit on after my run and lost all track of time until I heard my name being called over the speaker system to return to the childcare center. I guess I was over my time limit and now I have in my permanent membership record a strike against me. Um, O.k.

So things are going swimmingly. I'm exercising, staying on task with food (oh, except for the Pizza I just ate...) I'm feeling like I'm finally getting used to treading the weight-loss waters that I have been staying out of so much lately.

I have continued to track my points, I don't even really feel bad about the pizza. My goal this week wasn't to necessarily stay within the points (though I have) just to be tracking the points that I ate.

I also, this week, have put together a summer racing schedule for myself. It's pretty loose right now. But these are the races that I'm thinking about.

1. May - There's a 5K out our local arboretum. It's a race that I've been wanting to do for a couple of years. This is my year! They also have a little race for the kids. I know my littles will love that.

2. July - a July 4th 10k around the lake I live by. Another race I've been wanting to do.

3. August - This one is a track & trail 10k around another local lakes (what can I say, we've got a lotta lakes) doing a trail run has always interested me. I love camping and the woods. We'll see how I feel about running through them.

4. October - The Twin Cities Marathon 10 miler. They also have a kids race that day also.

So I need two more races. One for June and one for September. Then my season will be planned out! Any ideas?

A slightly water logged Iceman - Out

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to join you for both the Maple Lake Track & Trail in August and the TC 10 Mile in October. I'm also currently planning to do the Monster Dash (10 mile) on October 30th and I'm considering the Women Run the Cities 10 mile on September 26th - even though that's just one week before the TC 10 mile - we'll see. June is proving to be a difficult month to find a good race - I wonder if the popularity of Grandma's deters race coordinators from scheduling races in June?

    ReplyDelete