Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ice cream for dinner?

Apparently I can only accomplish one thing at a time.  I am becoming a work out rock star.  I was at the gym 4 times last week, 5 times the week before and likely will get in 5 times this week as well since I am now free on Wednesday mornings.  And I am excited because I really feel like I am getting stronger.  My legs feel firmer and my arms look more defined.  However, I am eating like a pig.

Last night I made a smoothie with ice cream in it for dinner.  Actually I had already had chips and salsa.  We were a divided dinner family so it was easy to just be lazy with my meal.  Isabelle was asleep for dinner and woke up late so I just let her eat a bowl of ice cream for dinner.  No wonder she is a terrible eater.

Although last night was a low point I actually think the main problem is in snacking.  I am eating too many late night snacks and between meal snacks.  I know alot of diet plans call for snacking between meals but I really don't think they work for me.  I need to simply eat my 3 healthy meals a day.  Maybe one snack if I am out running around and going to be eating a late, but nothing after dinner.  That is when I go wrong.  Even healthy snacks can go wrong after dinner.

So I am abandoning the idea of eating some special way, I really feel like I have good meal habits already, and simply focus on not snacking.  With that I feel I can loose the weight I gained over the holidays and be ready to show off my pre-triathlon body when we hit the Florida beach at the end of March.

Maverick flying a little low but still flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment