Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dare I?

So Goose and Maverick, is that the Widget kinda thingy that you were thinking about?

Hello World.

Yup, I'm still here.

Nope, I have not ballooned into the Stay-Puff marshmallow man...yet.

What have I been doing? Well, I thought I would use the Q&A format to answer that. I'm assuming (though you know what assuming does) that everyone has approximately the same questions, if you don't see your burning question answered (hardy-har-har) please feel free to ask.

So Iceman, where have you been?

I have been trying to do it all, and not doing any of it particularly well. Let's face it, I'm very busy, I don't get a break when my children leave for school. I don't get some downtime when my children are in quite time. If I'm not teaching, I'm cleaning, or cooking or folding, or.....

How has the exercise and diet been going for you?

Well, do I dare pop my head up, just a little, and say, I've been doing really well for 2 days? Hardly a show stopper but I guess a person has to start somewhere. I'm a Weight Watchers life-er and so, to use my WW jargon, I've been tracking for 2 days and staying within my points. I have decided that is what I'm going to focus on for the next 2 weeks, just tracking, no matter what, no matter what.

Exercise is better. I will repeat my whole life that I am so thankful for my friend Shana and her encouragement and accountability about 5 years ago when we were working-out in the mornings together. It's a habit that I have now and I owe it to her. I've gone a step further in these last couple of weeks and added in a training schedule. For my 36th summer of my life, I want to compete in 6 races. It's a goal I am excited about!

Are you going to do this tri-athalon that your SIL's are doing?

No way man! I can't swim. What? Everyone can swim? Nope, I really can't. I have to be able to touch the bottom at all times or I start to panic and sink. It's all in my head? Well, yes, of course, but, arguably, that's harder to change than the actual skill of learning. Now if they would just allow a boogie board for me to hold on to... Really, it wouldn't give me ANY unfair advantage...

Are you pregnant?

NO! I'm not. Going down that road a 5th time is well, not a down hill road. More like a steep, slippery, rocky, treacherous, mountain pass. Right now I am enjoying my 2 girls and 2 boys. Oh, and the ability to run and exercise and bend at the waist...


So there you have it, that's all I have time for now. The baby is crying, the kids are begging for a snack, the dryer is demandingly beeping...

Iceman Out

2 comments:

  1. SHE LIVES! I was really wondering if we had lost you here. 6 races this summer. Care to elaborate? That is 2 per month. I assume you have chosen the already? Excited to hear which ones. Continue on. It is worth the effot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok lets do the duathlon with jessy then in the fall...just bike and run.

    welcome back!

    ReplyDelete