Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's still happening for the Goose

I am still kicking!

I got really sick a week and a half ago, on New Years Day, but my stubborn self would not allow me to be down because I felt like I had been a wee bit indulgent on New Years Eve and so I kept pushing myself.

Then suddenly this past Fri/Sat/Sun, even though I was better I totally slugged out. No exercise. By Sunday I was eating oreo's!

I phoned a friend who pulled me together and I got back out there Monday for a 3 mile run and was really suprised to find how easy it was. It was like my body enjoyed that 3 day break or something and it produced extra energy in me. Who knew?

So, with the Shred, I have conquered all levels. So now I am doing one level a day, alternating them...level 1, level 2, level 3, repeat. I still think level 2 is harder for me than level 3. I just don't like it. Did it today. Glad I get to do level 3 tomorrow.

Anywhoooo...eating. I find that I am wanting to cave lately but somehow I have been managing not to cave, but the whole desire to cave in my mind makes me feel like I am caving and failing. I am so hard on myself, I know, it is one of my many weaknesses.

I am at the point where I have very noticable results now and feel really good, but still not quite yet there where I can just maintain. I will get there.

Big news is that I am officially committed to my first sprint triathlon down here in the south on June 5th. I have a couple friends who have also signed up and am thrilled that today Maverick signed up and committed to it! Iceman, cometh!!! It is a 1/4 mile swim (equiv of 20 laps in a 25 yd pool), 12 mi bike, 3 mi run. I am pretty excited about it.

That's about it, just keeping on keeping on, trying to not let myself get discouraged by a bad day or a crappy week in my cycle. :) I am in my happy, energy week, so I have to make the most of it...sad that us women only really get one good week a month! hahaha

carry on!

goose out.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the Tri. Wondering what kind of time goal to consider. I rode 18 miles on my bike at spin class yesterday in an hour but my girlfriend did 26 miles so I am thinking I can get up to doing the 12 miles in 30 minutes. I am thinking more than 30 for the run since I will be tired at the end so say 40 for the run. How long will it take to do the swim. That is a complete wild card for me right now. Should we try to swim together when you come up in March? Go get a few pointers rom the dynamo coaches and come tell them to me. I am wondering if I can do it in 1:30 or 1:45. Under 2 hours for sure. What are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're coming up in March? With out your parent's being here?

    ReplyDelete