Monday, January 2, 2012

Smell That Change

(Tap)...(Tap)...(Tap)... Is this thing on?

Iceman here. No, really, it IS me.

Here it is, January 2nd. And I am excited. It's time to reclaim that body that I let go to child birth and stress about 18 months ago. I know I've been saying the same thing for the last 18 months. But there is a distinct change in the air, smell it? Maybe it's the dawning of the new year. Maybe it's the fact that I have promised no less than 5 people that I WILL run races with them in the spring. Maybe it's that I've gone to see a Dr. that can actually HELP me with my fatigue and eating addictions and I'm finally on the mend from those things. Whatever it is, I'm here. And I'm ready.

So this morning I donned my running shoes, charged up my ipod, and got to the gym for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. And today I've been faithfully journaling my food in my favorite food tracker. I even made myself a great big, 10 day countdown, sugar detox page to hang on my refrigerator. (That part has me a little terrified, can I go 10 days without sugar?)

(*gasp*)

My favorite part of this morning was to be able to text my brothers and toot my own horn that I had gotten my work out in already.

See, were in a competition.

We are all on the "chubby" side. Genetics, environment, who knows. But the fact is that all three of us struggle with our weight and have had varying degrees of success over the years. But we've all ended up chubby right now. Why not make it a little interesting. :) So, to whoever loses the most percentage, plus runs these two races... go the spoils. Namely have all your cars detailed cleaned by the other two. (My brothers have a side incentive of whoever wins gets the others motorcycle for a year, but my husband wouldn't let me bet his... Where's the faith, right?)

Let the trash talk begin.

It's nice trash talk, motivational trash talk. But every work out and weigh-in is definitely being trumpeted loudly. (or texted, twittered, emailed, blogged... you know)

So take a good deep breath and smell the change in the air. (Though it might be the stench from my old sneakers so brace yourself. )

Game On.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to experience your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should be calling me once a week to get me up and go swim laps instead of me calling you!

    ReplyDelete