Thursday, January 5, 2012

7 Stickers!

Goose In...

I have 7 stickers on my 1/2 marathon training calendar. It is very 1st grade-ish how giddy I get when I finish a workout to go and put my smiley face on the calendar day for that workout, but it works for me!

Some how, some way, I have managed to quickly strip off 5 bloatish pounds in the last week or so. I am so glad. I really wanted to be only 10 lbs up but somehow ended up 15 lbs up and it wasn't pretty. I feel invigorated now that I am starting to get my eating to match my workout efforts and 10 lbs doesn't seem as traumatizing as 15 lbs. Darn it, if food just didn't taste sooo good!

Here is what my my training schedule looks like for the next 11 weeks:
M, W - 3 to 4 mile run
T, Th - rest
F, Su - cross train; bike or ripped in 30 video
Sat - long run, increasing one mile a week

I am still not doing well with my water intake. I just want to drink coffee the entire time I am at work. Must improve on that, will keep you posted. I am eating greek yogurt with granola in the morning, a turkey-no cheese-panini with pesto and sundried tomato spread in the afternoon, and a regular dinner-whatever my husband makes. I have still been drinking red wine but just finished a bottle so I think I will purge that from my diet for awhile. I also have been having a square or two of dark chocolate every afternoon. I think I had a bite of Grace's grilled cheese this afternoon, too. Oh well. I am trying. When I am thin, I really don't eat much, so spare me the comments about that I am not eating enough! :) I am old and it takes less and less to fill up this nearing 40 woman with this slowing metabolism!

That's all for now. Proud of what I am hearing from the Maverick and Iceman camps, and so glad we have Jester and Viper as motivating sidekicks!

more updates soon!
Goose Out!

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I am totally motivated. Jake bought a scale to keep track of his wrestling weight and we all weighed ourselves on it last night. Of course I had literally just finished dinner but still it did not have the same results as the scale at the YMCA. It thinks I have gained back the 3 pounds I was down last week. Will definately be relying on the Y scale for my numbers. Still should be interesting to have one in the house now.

    ReplyDelete