Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rolling Along

Maverick Here.  Just thought I would check in.  I am still feeling a little like agreeing to sign up to run a 1/2 marathon on June 3rd is insane given the current state of my life but another part of me thinks the discipline of training for it is exactly what I need and will likely extend into other areas as well.  So for now I am marching forward with the idea that I am indeed doing this race.

Currently my training includes no running at all.  In fact I haven't done a cardio workout in more than a week.  I have however, rolled my leg out multiple times a day, done leg lifts and the IT band stretch everytime I have had a free moment.  I have been bringing the foam roller to work and going over to my brother's cube during breaks to roll my leg out.  He has basically decided to ignore me, the guys in the cubes near him seem to have accepted the fact that they might come around the corner and see me laying on the floor of Mike's cube.  It is like I have a little team of people that now know I am trying to get my leg healed to run and if I don't actually get this knee rehabbed then they will wonder why I spent so much time being weird over at Mike's cube.  So that alone is motivating me to continue strengthening my legs and rolling out the injury.  I am planning to hit the elliptical this weekend and try a few other cardio workouts this week but will probably wait until next weekend to try a treadmill workout.

My goal is to be ready by the beginning of April to start a formal training program so that gives me 2-1/2 months to rehab my leg and re-build my cardio fitness.  Should be a no-brainer.

Also, down 3 pounds.  Long term goal, 12 more.  Short term goal, 2 more by the end of January.  No problem.

--Maverick Out

No comments:

Post a Comment