Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You May Think I'm Crazy...

I have a tendency to be... detailed oriented. I love my lists, I love checking boxes, I love having things already planned so that there's no thinking involved, just execution. I like to have all my thinking done ahead of time.

Anyway, I was realizing the other day that I am falling into a weight loss trap. Thinking about food has started to consume WAY too much of my day and I'm going to burn out here pretty soon. The burn-out has even already started with the bad habit of counting the points of what I ate AFTER I ate it and not BEFORE. Leading to some supper-less nights and that pendulum swinging that has been happening at the scale.

So this list girl decided to employ my beloved list tendency to decide what I'm going to eat for the whole week all at once, and then to follow it this week. I've done it for a 1 1/2 days now, :) but it's going well. This might become a weekly habit!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I know you can do it. Let me know how I can help if you need it!!!!!!! Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see myself doing something like that, only I'd do it on the computer! :) Just come up with 3 or 4 of them and rotate them every week, that way you don't have to reinvent the wheel every week of your life! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete