Thursday, March 5, 2009

On my Refrigerator...

I'm reading this book called Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney. What I read today was so timely and applicable to my current life. I decided to post this on my refrigerator so I am constantly reminded of her words and don't forget as soon as I close the book :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" Psalm 127:3-5

"May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant." Psalm 119:76

"One of the ways that the Spirit's name is translated in scripture is Comforter. He wants to teach you to comfort yourself not with food, but with His comfort. His comfort is so winsome, so wholesome, so encouraging - why go anywhere else?" Elyse Fitzpatrick

Dear Heavenly Father:

Please forgive me for, once again, trying to take control from you. I forget to rejoice that my children are a reward from you, and instead wallow in the resentment of servant hood. I feel the need to be comforted, yet I do not turn to you, I turn to food. Lord help me to remember that YOU are the source of real, long lasting comfort and to turn away from this food that is empty and meaningless.

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration. You can do this, keep up the good work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete