Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monday Night Weigh In #2

Things went well last night.

The meeting was about managing your emotional eating. That was a GREAT talk for me. I think I eat for all the emotions that I have! Boredom, exhaustion, discontentedness, happiness, etc. etc.

I think that biggest habit, hurdle, I have to get over is wanting to eat in the afternoons. It's usually after a big morning and all the kids have finally gone down for a quiet time. I just want to do something fun, relax, and treat myself. Which usually means food in front of the computer. At the meeting last night the leader gave an example of a friend of her who had a similar habit. So she switched to popcorn for a snack (didn't try to get rid of it at first) and then after awhile eating the popcorn each snack time. She made herself wait for just a bit. So I thought I would try that this week. The 1st couple days, I'm going to eat popcorn, and then slowly try to push back my time. Say in 15 min increments. That was I'm not instantly sitting down, looking for a treat. We'll see how it goes!!!

So wk #2:
Weight Loss this week: -2 lbs (Yeah!!)
Total Weight Loss: -6.2 lbs
Pounds to reach goal: 50.8

No comments:

Post a Comment