Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the Beginning... Again

My story is very familiar. I've yo-yo'd with my weight my whole life. I think the 1st diet I went on was when I was in 7th grade.

I had been sitting at the lunch table with a bunch of friends when they all start talking about how much they weigh. Their numbers were all in the '90's to 110 range. So I went home and weighed myself, 140's. And it wasn't like I was taller then anyone else. So I asked my brother if I looked heavy to him. He, very sweetly, with no malice, said, "well, yeah, I guess you do." And so it all began. By the time I hit highschool I was in those 110's. But I did that SO unhealthfully that the weight was destined to rise again.

Anyway, fast forward to two years ago. I had just given birth to my 3rd child and was the heaviest I've ever been. My parents had just lost GOBS of weight on Weight Watchers and talked about how it was do-able for a lifetime. So with determination to once and for all be rid of this albatross, I signed up. And lost BIG. 75 lbs to be exact. I was running, bicycling, working out consistently. I finally had energy, which I have always had problems with. I felt GREAT.
But then I became pregnant with our 4th baby. This child was completely planned and wanted. But I stink at being pregnant. And the weight came rushing back on. At about the 6 mo. of pregnancy I consciously gave up trying to follow WW (Weight Watchers) because I didn't want failure to become such a pattern that I couldn't get out of it once the baby was born.

So it's now. My 4th baby, "C" is 5 weeks old and I went back to my first WW meeting last week! I'm excited to be on the road of "body recovery."

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome, Julia! I am so proud of you and know you will be just as successful this time around...i look forward to watching you melt away into that svelte and beautiful you that you are in the pic with lilia!

    does wewawo stand for weight watchers workout?

    ReplyDelete