Saturday, July 3, 2010

Ten Miler training--Week 3

Whew! I may just be, finally, getting my groove thang on with this distance running training!

I am very excited after my 7 mile run this morning! It went so well! It helped immensely that after a 20 day exile of non stop temps in the 90's and 1000% humidity, some relief finally broke through in the south. When I headed out this morning it was 68 degrees!! Holy cow what a difference it made!

I just ran and ran and ran, didn't even look at my watch until I had already been running 45 minutes. I ran for 1 hour and 10 minutes and felt very proud of myself. I may, just maybe, actually be able to run this entire 10 miler...whodathunkit?

Training this week:

Monday: 4.5 mile run, abs and pushups
Tuesday: Shred dvd
Wednesday: 3 mile run (I had the pleasure of Sarah riding her bike with me during the run, she was so pleased with herself for riding 3 miles and it was nice to have the company) abs and pushups

Thursday: 4.5 mile run, abs and pushups
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 7 mile run
Sunday: OFF

Only 3 more weeks to go. I think I can keep up this pace for 3 more weeks. Still contemplating one more sprint triathlon with H in September, but haven't signed up for it yet.

Incidentally, not that I would keep up this kind of weekly mileage unless training for a race, but as a public service announcement, I thought I'd let you know that I have learned in the last 3 weeks that if you run nearly 20 miles a week you can eat anything at all that you want and you won't gain a pound!

Until next week...
Goose, Out

No comments:

Post a Comment