Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Very Lazy Triathlon

So I am signed up for the "Lazy Man Triathlon" at the YMCA.  It started on June 1st and I have until July 15 to swim 2.5 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles.  No problem I thought to myself when I signed up.  My first triathlon landed in that time frame so I can count those miles as part of this other triathlon.  Double triathlon duty, how great is that?

Of course Goose kindly passed on her sickness to me while I was down visiting (I  still barely speaking to her for that) which somehow turned into me not exercising for over a week after the triathlon which means I need to step up the pace to finish this thing on time.

Including my 3 mile walk today (I am done running for the summer trying to get my knee working with me again) I have thus far done:
swim-2 miles (I did a full mile yesterday to try to get this part over with)
bike-31 miles
walk-10.1 miles

I have 3 weeks to complete my mileage.  The swim should be a piece of cake.  I will finish up next week in the pool.  I am planning a 30 mile bike ride over the 4th weekend which will bring me half way through.  I think this is the area I will need to focus on. I need to hit the trails for several rides over the next few weeks.  I think I know my plan for tomorrow.  It is 6 miles round trip to the Y so which I did Monday for body pump and I guess I will do again Friday for my other body pump class.  And then I need more walking.

I guess for the next 3 weeks if you are looking for me you will find me either on my bike or wandering the neighborhoods.

Can I be done exercising after this????

No comments:

Post a Comment