Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day in the life of a Rock Star

Some days it just comes together.  Today is that day.  So I thought I would share.

I got up, had breakfast with Isabelle, read her a devotion, read myself a devotion. Helped Isabelle make a Valentine bag and address all the Valentine's I had purchased for her class, put on my work-out clothes, made my bed and a short grocery list, put Isabelle on the bus and was out the door to my weight lifting class.

After the class I buzzed through the grocery store, had a quick chat with Goose on the way home, showered and was dressed with groceries put away and Isabelle's lunch waiting for her when she got off the bus.  Ate my own lunch, then made ahead several little things for easier future meals, sliced up the fresh pineapple I bought (before it went bad this time), cleaned up kitchen and then moved to my desk. Purged and organized coupons, balanced bank statement, updated personal notebook so all the pages weren't just hanging out, sent invoices to plow clients for last weeks snowstorm, called a delinquent client, signed up for some college organization web site the school insists we need, paid some bills, signed hubby up for a required continuing ed class he needs, put away some pictures.  All while Isabelle was entertaining herself with various crafts.

I am a rock star!

I share this here because I don't think that exercise and weight loss are the only keys to a healthy life.  I think being on top of your life and organization is also an important key to a healthy life.  I also share because I think that exercise and watching what I eat gave me the energy I needed to have a rock star day today.

I have a large glass of water and I know what I am making for dinner.  I am now going to read the magazine I bought at the grocery store and take a well deserved break.

Maverick Out

1 comment:

  1. PS Hey Iceman. Can I have a counter for the 10K I am doing? Aprl 30th. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete