Saturday, January 22, 2011

Throw Down



I think we need a challenge!  With Prize!

I need to pull together my eating and my exercise.  And I need to do it on a new schedule as my morning workouts sort of went out the window when morning Kindergarten started.

I happen to know changes have been afoot for Goose and Iceman as well so we are all reinventing our eating and work out schedules a little.  The holiday's are over and spring is right around the corner.  Time for something to get us back on track.

The Challenge:

Since we are all runners I propose a 2 month challenge.

Month number 1-January 30-February 26
Run 15 miles per week
weight train in whatever way suits you 1 times per week
Post weekly meal plans

Month number 2- February 27-March 26
Run 20 miles per week
weight train 2 times per week
post weekly meal plans

The Prize:

The person who runs the most miles and completes all other training should get $5 coffee cards from the losers.  One prize per month

I propose adding biking to the challenge in April but we can review when we get there.

You have a week to prepare and accept the challenge and then I will look forward to the weekly updates.

If we have any readers who want to join in spirit just let us know in the comments.

Secondary goal:  Get a picture of iceman in some race this year.

A healthy lifestyle is journey.  A marathon not a sprint.  We are butt kicking animals one day and then we fall down and become wide load couch potatoes the next.  The question is, do we get back on track or will we let failure define us?

Maverick

1 comment:

  1. ok you are nuts with your 15 and 20 mile weeks! when i trained for the 10 miler i ran 20 miles a week and that was a huge committment and consumed me! I say 10 miles a week for the first month...that is running 3x a week a 3/3/4 plus two days of weight training...then 2nd month 15 mi a week OR 10 mi plus 20 mi biking a week.

    ReplyDelete