Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Night Weigh In #3 & #4

Wow, have I really missed two weigh ins? I haven't skipped any weigh-in's at Weight Watchers. But the fact of 4 kids and homeschooling has really started to put a cramp in my blogging style!

So week #3 went REALLY well. Partly because I got the stomach virus that week and didn't eat for two days. I focused on that week to not go overboard when I did start to eat. I made sure that I started counting again right away. I was afraid I would get completely de-railed and start eating what ever I wanted.

So wk #3:
Weight Loss this week: -5.2 lbs (Stomach bug will do that to ya!!)
Total Weight Loss: -11.4 lbs
Pounds to reach goal: 45.6

This week was a struggle. I'm not sure why. I think it was a combination of being hungry after the stomach bug, and emotional eating from feeling overwhelmed at times. I was nervous that I was actually going to show a gain this week because, lets face it, most of the weight loss last week was due to dehydration. I didn't even want to go tonight, but I'm so glad that I did. The meetings truly are therapy for me. I walked in feeling discouraged and left with renewed focus and resolution. I remembered how far I've come in this one short month and also that I am not hungry with this way of eating. I can fill up and be satisfied. As far as the emotional eating goes, I read a excerpt from one of the Weight Watchers pamphlets that said, "I always remember that when I eat that donut, it leaves me with nothing but wanting to eat another one." That's so true.

So wk #4:
Weight Loss this week: -.8 lbs (phew! Actually had a loss.)
Total Weight Loss: -12.2 lbs
Pounds to reach goal: 44.8

1 comment: