Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Iceman's 2010 Summer Racing Schedule

I wanted to post the races that I have been thinking about participating in this summer. So here goes:

1. April 24th is the Get In Gear Races over at the Minehaha Pavilion. I'm going to do the 5k and start my racing season slowly. (In more ways than one... )

2. May 2nd is the Bud Break Race at the local Arboretum. It's hilly, but beautiful. This is another 5k. I'm excited to have my kids participate in the Daffodil Dash! A little too cute, huh?

3. July 3rd is the Excelsior Firecracker Run. This will be the 1st 10k for me of the season. But I'm hoping not to even notice the extra mileage because running around Lake Minnetonka is going to be beautiful! (Check the link above for when the open registration. You'll see it under July)

4. July 24th is the Lumber Jack Day Race in Stillwater. I think the family and I are going to make a trip of it. We'll be camping and enjoying Lumber Jack Days. This will be a test for me because it is a 10 MILE course... There is a race for the kids also!

5. August 21st is Maple Lake Days Race. This will probably feel easy after the 10 miles in July! More kids races again. I wonder if my kids like to run?... :)

6. October 3 Medtronic Twin City Marathon. NO I won't be running the marathon. I thought I would go for the do-able 10 miler. Now the participants are chosen by lottery. So we'll see if I get into this race or not...

Now to keep it all real. I haven't actually signed up for any of these races. So if anyone has any better ideas let me know.

Also does anyone want to join me?!?!?! It'll be great fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Get in Gear (10K), Maple Lake and the TC 10 mile are all on my list too! I would love to do the Lumberjack Days 10 mile but I think I'm going to be out of town that weekend.

    I'll post my planned race schedule on my blog sometime soon - My next planned race is the Running Opener on April 3rd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely want to do the july 3rd excelsior 10k!...wanted to do an april 10th 10k here but we won't be back from spring break yet

    ReplyDelete