Thursday, July 12, 2012

Eating Dirt

Did you know that in 3rd world countries starving children will eat dirt?  While the dirt has no nutritional value or ability to prolong the starvation process it does temporarily fill their empty bellies and satiate hunger. In Haiti they make dirt cookies with a little oil and salt.  Yum...

Having recently eaten a McDonald's hamburger, I can't help wonder if that is the american version of eating dirt.  While that hamburger does have a caloric value which keeps up our fat deposits and keeps us from starving to death, I often wonder if it really has any other nutritional value.  When I eat McDonald's or any other fast food I am really just satiating hunger without actually feeding my body.

Dirt Cookies

    My lunch on Friday




No comments:

Post a Comment